2/16/2012

Where visitors enter: cringe-worthy or clutter free?

I was just reading at Small Notebook, and ran across an interesting post about what visitors see when they enter our homes.

Rachel says that one of the most important things when unexpected visitors arrive is to NEVER apologize for your mess. I agree with this. Whether your home is messy or not, if you don't draw their attention to it, a lot of people wouldn't be paying attention anyway. They are there to see you, not your house.

There was a time, before I had taught myself to keep a decluttered house, that I would have been mortified to have anybody come to the door, but I don't remember the last time I felt the need to apologize for the state of our house.

I enjoy Small Notebook. If you've never read there, it's worth a visit.

A clutter-free entryway




(Photo credit: Coco+Kelley)

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are always welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...